Saturday, December 14, 2013

cheap deals VS service and quality

Sometimes, the deals on those social platform make me question their underlying purpose of advertising. The lack of customers and profit loss? Or just another channel of marketing to tap on more customers and buyers. Then after follows the question: if they make such deal, will the quality and standard follow suit as well since money=quality. Shouldnt they maintain the service or quality standard as well? Why the sudden topic on my blog then. let me explain.
 
I went to this Japanese restaurant at Raffles Place today because apparently my sister saw this deal on groupon and was pretty interested in it. It was from O'An Japanese restaurant located at Hong Leong Building B1. They got this 10 course meal for two and being Jap food lovers, we agreed to give it a try. So I sacrificed my sleep on a Saturday to go down to Raffles Place (afterwhich I still got to go gym). At first we were quite surprised there were alot of people and seemingly all groupon buyers. We had our seats and waited awhile before some staff came to take our orders. By the way, the 10 course meal includes and the order follows acccording to how we were served:

  • Potato Salad 
  • Tori Karaage Deep-fried Chicken 
  • Agedashi Tofu 
  • Salmon Sashimi 
  • Tempura Assorted
  • Tonkotsu Ramen
  • Edamame 
  • Grilled Saba Fish
  • Temaki Handroll
  • Sukiyaki Hot-Pot 
So the dish were served pretty slowly and one after another and not in one full set. We had to wait for quite some time before our Ramen was served. By the time we finished our ramen, there was no dish served to us already. We waited. and waited. Almost half an hour gone and they served us Edamame after we reminded them that half of our meal are not served yet. Again, we finished our Edamame and we reminded them for the food. For your information, we had our reservation at 1230pm and by 220pm we did not have our last three dish yet. Frustrated, I called the server and told him off for making us wait for 2 hours but not all our dishes were served. Seriously it was darn upsetting when you see other customers that came later than you had their meals and left while you sit there looking silly. Reminded them and they just shoved us with an answer of coming right up. Obviously it was not and there came my attitude. I insisted them to tell me how long do I still have to wait and here came the epic part; they do not have beef anymore and did not bother to inform us and only got the chef to prepare after I threw my attitude. Still can jolly well ask me if pork was fine and that she still can reply me saying just asking, you know for the sake of asking that kind. We ended up no appetite to finish the hot pot and left. This made me wonder and conclude: really we do have to pay for what we want and expect to have. I thought we were eventually still customers even though we might have bought some cheap deal for your restaurant. Very disappointing to say. 
 
Anyway, go download this app called dayre if you have not. It is practically a mobile blog and way more easy to use and blog. You can just post pictures that you capture on the spot ( blogger cant do that, not that I know of). So I have actually post my photos on dayre! So follow me dayre.me/peilingg. I still blog of course but probably lesser pictures here I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment