Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Japan/Taiwan - Day 7

Now now, it has been day 7. Here are the links for Taiwan for your reference: 


If you are looking for my Japan trip, you can link from Japan Day 1 and follow the links over there! 

Anyway this post is going to be boring one. When I was arranging my photos to be posted, I realised we didn't have much photos for Taiwan except Cingjing farm which would be coming right up soon. We really didn't take the effort to shoot like nobody business, like what a normal traveller would do. But!!! Sometimes I just feel it wasn't worth a shot, there's nothing interesting for me to capture, and maybe because it was Taiwan, a place we came for more than a couple times. So pardon me for boring post with nothing much to write on ( in that case, you will know which places not to go. LOL). 

SO, today itinerary wasn't what I wanted. I mean, seriously it was my sister's idea of coming here. Totally regretted it, we could have gone somewhere else to explore. So we went to this place called 澄清湖觀光區 after nua-ing on the bed till late morning. Apparently some lake tourist place. First, it took us quite long journey here with train and bus and when I reached, I was like O.O Sian max. I appreciate and sometimes love to visit museums or ancient palace, but NOT THIS.

The entrance 

So here comes the interesting part. When we were at the entrance, this uncle approached us and offered us a tour ride. Not an attraction ride kind. It was a personal business kind. Like uber. But, we rejected. We insisted to walk around to explore. HOWEVER, it was impossible! This place is freaking big and when we walked further down, there were construction and pathway blockage. We really can't get our way to anywhere. So we walked back to the entrance to ask for information from the counter. It was already damn hot in the afternoon and I was like sweating crazily with my sunburnt from Japan still. We talked to the counter and realised we really can't walk our way around this place without a car. AND the uncle appeared again, offering us the ride, at TWD 200. Ok, for TWD 200 for a ride to all the places and stop over for photos seemed reasonable. So hop on as we go on his car.  These were the places that we managed to stopover for some photos. There were much to began with actually because I was half sian already to be taking photos with the so called "nice background"
 


See. LOL. 



Look at the sun kissed difference.











At the end of the ride, we were supposed to pay the uncle. Initially we thought we only have to pay after the ride seem legit. BUT BUT! The uncle asked us for TWD500! Excuse me, isn't it suppose to be TWD200? I was pissed already. I told the uncle, didn't you say TWD200? How come it became TWD500? I mean even we heard it wrongly and it was TWD200 EACH, it still should came up to TWD400. So where did the extra TWD100 came from? For the service that you offered to help us take picture?? I know TWD100 is like just 5 bucks or so for us but, please, don't try to cheat us this way. Even a buck is still cheating, not that we can't afford to pay. So I argued with the uncle and what thick-skinned words came out from his mouth: "uncle won't cheat you de, uncle so old, the rate here is like that de." WHAT THE FUCK. Don't use your age to bully us tourists. I hate it when they take advantage of their old age and cheat us. My sister is softhearted and didn't really wanted to argue, so in the end we gave in to the TWD500. Seriously pissed. And by the time we left the place, it was actually evening already. So, we were only left with heading to the night markets. 

So cute right, we saw this in the Metro train station of where the night markets are.
One more!
Anyway, before I continue, I'd like to mention one thing. After we booked our tickets and hotels and everything, an incident happened at Kaohsiung. Remember the gas explosion at Kaohsiung? Yes. When we knew of this, I was talking to my sister on whether we need to change our plan abit because we actually were gonna spend days in Kaohsiung. But our aunt reassured us that our hotel and the area was not affected so should not be a problem. So we went ahead with our original plan. But, these night markets that I am about to mention, were the affected areas. When we walked towards the night market, we couldn't help but noticed it was very very quiet. 凱旋夜市 is the largest night market in Kaohsiung. It should be very crowded and lively. But it was not when we were there.



We reached quite early at around 5 plus and alot stalls ain't opened yet. Bought this drink in this cute packaging. Yes, you drink straight from the plastic bag. 
Even into the night, the night market is very quiet, and many stalls were not opened. The friendly stall aunties would tell us they were affected by the incident and many decided not to open the stalls knowing that they wont have much business. And because of this, the prices here are slightly lower than normal night markets. My sister caught this game that interest her and she went to try.


Yup. It looked like this. Sorry I didn't take any photos because we were too focus on playing this game. First, the stall auntie would demo in front of you on how to make this bottle stand up. If you make the bottle stand upright, you get the big soft toy. Sounds simple hur. The auntie even teach you how to do so. So we tried. And it was addictive. You would want to try again and again because its free. Unless you drop the bottle off the wooden platform. TWD100 for dropping off the platform. Sound better? You just have to make sure you don't drop the bottle off that platform and you get to try till you succeed. BUT, no it is not that simple. I stopped at TWD700 and my crazy sister spent a whopping TWD1500? ON THIS GAME. LOL. and we didn't get any soft toy. LMAO. We gave up and went with basketball and guns. My sister can be a marksmen. Cause she shoot all the balloon and won a little stitch for me. So I tried basketball and got her some funny toy. LOL. There is another night market just beside, or is it linked; its 金鑽夜市. Really a big night market but pity the effect it made for the night market because of the incident. There weren't much for us there already so we headed back early. And this ended Day 7 of the trip. Last day in Kaohsiung next!

No comments:

Post a Comment