Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A new life, soon...


This is definitely not a failed post with blurry photo. This is in fact, what it is from the eyes of a girl, me. That's right. Me. Many may not understand or think I am exaggerating, like WHAT RUBBISH ARE YOU TALKING, HOW CAN YOU SEE THINGS LIKE THIS?! But no I am not, this is really what I see, without my specs or contact lens. Yes, almost blind. In the day, I still can see much better than this, like more colors and not just those bright colors. But when night falls, crap I am a blind mouse without my visual aids. Worst, I have night blindness, even with my visual aids, I can't see the seats in cinemas. I can't walk my way around the house without banging into tables and chairs until I switch on the lights at night. A degree of 1000 plus for both eyes, imagine that. 

When I first heard of lasik from my cousin who did it many years back, I wanted to do as well. But at that point of time, I was only 18. Not the age to do any surgery yet. The way my cousin describe it was scary too, like " they will clamp your eyes open, and you will watch the blade go very near towards your eyes and cut your cornea, without any pain." So I gave up the idea first; I have to wait till 21 years old anyway. So now, at the age of 24, I decide to start a new life. I decided to do it! A very big whole in the pocket no doubt, I was hesitating to do it or not but I thought, money can be earned back, my vision is more important. So yes, I have booked my appointment on Monday 13 April, finally! Will share more when I am done with my surgery about the procedure and cost. Till then, wish me luck!    

No comments:

Post a Comment