Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Taipei Day 2

Day 2 of Taipei trip.

So this is the Taipei Train station where you can buy train tickets. pretty spacious and cool building right.
My bf say I look like some lost kid looking for direction. Anyway I super like this #ootd. I think i blend in with the locals pretty well!
OOTD
rabbit Beanie: Taipei,Ximending
knitted pullover: A&F
backpack: Aldo
floral pants: Taipei,Ximending
pink boots: Taipei, Ximending

I was super suay because the moment I reached Taoyuan airport, my boots gave up on me and the soles came off. Great timing to buy a new one. But of course that pink boots are for slightly cold weather. Guess I wont have the chance to wear it in SG. But never mind because its only NT 200! maybe when i travel again, I'll wear it again! ok maybe you are wondering why the hell I wear so thick? Because the weather there was cold or to be exact the blowing wind was cold. I was been conned for telling me the weather was hot. Lucky I did bring my pullover and long sleeve. 
Anyway we were going to 平溪 so we got to buy train tickets to Rui Fang and change train. The train tickets were at NT 152 for both of us. 
choo choo train~


This is so much better la.  We got the seated tickets whereby you definitely would have a seat number because I think there is another cheaper kind of tickets for free seating. So much spacious and comfy than our flight seat. LOL

There. We have to change to this smaller train to Ping Xi and the tickets cost us NT104 for 2 pax.
some artistic shot by my bf.

I would suggest that you take a look at this timetable. Personally I think there is nothing much to walk except to take some pictures of the railway road and fang 天燈. So you might want to know when is the next train coming, if I never remember wrongly it is one hour interval.

The ever famous railway road that you can literally walk on it. A good place for photography.


The beancurd which I think soso and the pearls are really too much. -.-
handmade sausage. and that explain the difference between authentic taiwan sausage and the ones we buy at pasar malam! LOL

#oneofthenonsensefood my bf bought. ok I shall not be judging because I guess this is famous food in taiwan and all locals enjoy eating that. Probably really just aint our liking.

Awesome sausage! we queue very long ok! They got alot of flavors you can choose from! NT 35 each!
Tian Deng time. There are alot of shops that sell tian deng along the railway road. You probably can just choose any. It's NT120 for one. For the fun and belief, it's really worth getting one. Who knows, maybe the wishes you write really will come true! :)
fly wishes fly! and hopefully it comes true too!
Then we head up to 九份. There is actually bus that goes up here but we didn't know the time and we were kinda rushing for time. Because this Jiu Fen closes very early and its already 3pm I guess when we head up. So we took a cab up instead which cost us NT180. Probably the bus will cost NT20 per pax? so now see what I mean by try taking bus and metro train. Its not that we can't afford the cab fare but after thinking we feel its really not worth the money to take cabs around taipei.
Look at how foggy it is. you can imagine how cold the weather was. not wrong to be having my OOTD~
I like Jiu Fen alot, I can't explain clearly why. It just feel very gu zhao wei.
some fen yuan dessert which is soso too. the fen yuan has no taste.
and our favourite local food as always. LOL


The top of the street. It is actually up a hill and you walk up slope to the top where you can take pictures. If you come abit later, you can see the very nice night scenery. But of course I doubt so for the weather like that, probably see dim lights only.

This infamous aunties that is the live mascot for the sausage. cool or what! And we head back to taipei already because we had some plan for the rest of the day already. and of course cab again. so it was like NT360. oh wells~ Same route back to Taipei and our plan next was to go五分埔! how could we not go there. shopping paradise especially for girls. The last time i went there, it was wholesale day so I didnt get to shop much. Wufenpu is actually very accessible, you can just take the metro to 后山埤 and it is just walkable distance from the station! and the shopping begins! Im sorry for the lack of pictures at Wufenpu ( who has the time to take out the DSLR to snap pic anyway?!) You can really get very cheap dresses,pants,fashionable clothes there and the more you buy, you can actually bargain from them! hahah. I got 3 jeggings at 300! so it is like 1 for NT100 = less than SGD5. Where in the world in SG can you find such price and the quality is good. TELL ME. my bf also bought alot of stuff ok. dont think that it is only for girls. of course I must say most of the shops are still catered for girls but the guys shop sells clothes that are pretty nice too! I think we shop till 9pm and went to my favourite restaurant for a grab before meeting my cousin at the night market.


胡须张鲁肉饭 LOOK AT THAT! JUST LOOK AT THAT! how could you miss out eating this in taiwan?! I know you all may say its fattening because its fat meat. But seriously you got to eat at least once. Last time I came to Taipei, I had it almost every night for supper ok! because there is one shop just beside my hotel. But this time I stay at Ximending which doesnt have any of the shop nearby. So i only get to eat this once for the whole trip. And it is cheap too! I remember the small bowl cost NT33. And they got like set meals at NT99. The rice bowl is not big so you can rest assure for the potion.
饶河 night market is just around the corner of Wufenpu. walkable distance also. But I thought that it is a wrong choice for that cause we have to carry our shopping loots around the night market. Plus it was raining so we had one hand with umbrella and other with loots. I need another hand for food!


You got to try this when you are here at Raohe! This is awesome, trust me. It is chicken roll that you can choose the flavours.
and more food!
Thats my funny cousin that study in Taiwan.
Oyster Omelette which I don't really fancy because they cooked them with eggs and oyster and flour. so you see the gluey part is flour. Im sorry for the description, it really did taste good but Im just not used to something gluey. In any case, you should try this when Taiwan.

After eating so much at the night market, its time to head back to hotel. you can see its 2313 when we finish our night market. There is Songshan Train Station just across the street of the night market and its the fastest way to get back to Taipei- just one stop! best for us after such long day where we just need our bath and bed! LOL. Thanks to my cousin for the food intro and treat! Till then =)

No comments:

Post a Comment